At the end of year team day in December 2023, Acumen BI reflected on how they are driven by their purpose in “building a better society through knowledge.” The team discuss their mission of “delivering data solutions that add real value through partnership.” And what it is Acumen BI do collaboratively as a team that sets them apart;
- provide clients with the confidence to make big decisions
- empower people to do more with less, faster
- utilise data as a lever for continuous improvement and innovation
- deepen connections between people, processes, and systems
As always there was a review of the year that was, and not surprisingly the team continue to exceed expectations and deliver results exponentially year on year. The Acumen BI team achieve these progressive results through their shared values;
- Outcome-Oriented – caring deeply about getting the right outcome
- Honesty & Integrity – acting with honesty and integrity always
- Value-Oriented – prioritising the delivery of value over creation of work
- Challenge – embracing complex challenges
- Excellence – striving for excellence in everything they do
Other than Acumen BI’s purpose, vision, mission, and values, the first day was spent reviewing the year and performance, goals and initiatives for 2024, and updates from the data engineering, analytics and service delivery teams.
The second day was allocated to showing appreciation for the team’s efforts and contributions during the year, working on some of the most innovative data and analytics projects in New Zealand. Everyone gathered for a bike ride through the Gibbson Valley wine region, refuelling along the way. They enjoyed navigating the scenic terrain with a lot of comradery and laughs to be had.
2024 will be another promising year for Acumen BI full of rewarding and successful projects tackled with colleagues and clients.