Your end-to-end enterprise data solution
Your business is unique. To understand your offer, your marketplace, your competitive landscape and the special ingredients that make your operation thrive, we’ve developed a comprehensive pathway to realising the value of your data. At Acumen, we partner with our customers as opposed to simply deliver solutions. In order to deliver a tailored solution we partner with you on the activities outlined below to ascertain specifically what your data is and how it can be made valuable.
By starting our conversation today, we’ll take you on your journey to increased efficiency, productivity and profitability. You’ll be confidently making data-driven decisions in no time!
BI Strategy and Roadmap
Interviews and workshops with key stakeholders will capture the current and desired future state of business intelligence within your organisation. The aim is to develop a common understanding and vision for BI and document a practical approach that gives you confidence on delivering BI that will meet the needs of the Business now and in the future.
- High Level current state / future state documented
- High Level gap analysis
- Proposed Roadmap
Acumens Qlik Technical Architect will work with you to agree and document a Qlik solution architecture that will meet the intended use of Qlik within your organisation.
- Pre-work shop requirements
- Pre-work shop physical design options
- Onsite workshop
- Document high level physical design document
- Present and agree physical design document
Software Installations, Upgrades and Migrations
Acumen have signification expertise in the installation and upgrade of Qlik software as well as the migration of Qlik environments from on premise to the cloud. If you are thinking about migrating your Qlik Environment to the Private Cloud or Qlik Cloud Services (Qlik’s SaaS offering) we can ensure this transition is as smooth as possible and minimize down time for business users.
- Installation, Upgrade or Migration of Qlik software
- As built documentation
The security framework is used to manage resources (Objects & Data Access) within the Qlik platform. The purpose of this activity is to clearly understand the security requirements of your organisation and design a framework which is flexible, scalable and maintainable.
- A discovery session to define requirements such as clarification of the user roles / “personas”, structure of streams and license access methods
- High Level Security Framework
- Detailed Security design (rules and configuration)
- Implementation and testing
**Note row and column level security implementation is managed on an application by application basis. How this can be implemented is covered within the High Level Security Framework.
The purpose of the Operating Model activities is to discuss, define and agree key outcomes for Qlik including the people, processes and frameworks to enable rapid exploitation of the Qlik platform.
Key deliverables include:
- Discussion and documentation of your organisation’s Qlik Service Definition and Service Offerings
- Documented support model including RASCI design
- Discussion and documentation of the key roles identified and role definitions to support the Qlik Service
- Recommended organisation model and team structure to support deployment of Qlik
Qlik Development Methodology (QDF)
The QDF is an established framework used globally within the Qlik community to support the development and deployment of Qlik applications. This becomes very important when supporting multi-team, multi-developer application delivery. QDF is a set of guidelines and utilities that enable: Resource Sharing, Reuse, Organisation, Structure and Standards.
Key deliverables include:
- Workshop to agree the most appropriate configuration of the QDF to meet your requirements
- Documentation of workshop outcomes
- Implementation of the QDF
- Good practice processes agreed and documented to support ongoing development
Increasingly our customers are looking to take analytics to their customers and internal business user in an engaging and user friendly way. Acumen have Web Development capabilities that can build analytic portals, integrate analytics into your intranet/ Internet and integrate analytics into the work flow of your existing applications.
Full Qlik Application Development Lifecycle
Acumen support our customers throughout the full BI development life cycle from Data Extraction and Transformation through to working with business users and analysts to create meaningful dashboards, analytics and reports. Based on our experience with other Enterprise deployments we recommend a hybrid delivery team to establish strong development processes, drive fast delivery of Qlik applications/platform access to business users and the enabling of internal resources.
Key deliverables include:
- Support/coaching for internal staff
- Qlik knowledge leadership
- Qlik application development
- Enablement of internal resources
Data literacy is as important as reading and writing. More than ever professional performance is linked with a good grasp of data, adding weight to our arguments and helping us make better decisions. The problem is organisations and their staff are not all data literate.
Qlik’s aim is data for all; with every individual able to use, access, analyse and succeed with data. This means increasing data literacy through education and empowerment.
To support organisations and their staff increase data literacy Qlik currently provide a number of resources which can be found at: http://www.dataliteracy.info/resources
Fixed Format Reporting
While there is a growing desire for interactive analytics there is still often a requirement for automated report distribution of static reports on a regular basis. Acumen are experienced at implementing Qlik nPrinting a report generation, distribution and scheduling application for Qlik.
Acumen will work with you to define an appropriate training plan based on desired outcomes and current skill level. Training options available include:
- Formal classroom training: These courses are run by experienced Qlik consultants who actively work on client implementations. This means you’ll be learning from someone who recognises the practical issues that you face with your Qlik deployment and can bring in real life experiences and best practices to give you the answers you need
- Bespoke Training: Acumen can provide bespoke training and training material such as Train the trainer material, End user training workshops, user guides and training videos for Qlik Applications
- Self-Paced Learning: Qlik provide extensive free and paid self-paced learning resources such as the Qlik Continuous Classroom, Qlik Help Website and the Qlik Community
With over 60 Qlik customers and a dedicated Qlik support desk Acumen are New Zealand’s number one provider of Qlik Support. Support is provided by Acumen (NZ based) via a support portal, Phone, Email, Web and Onsite as required. Acumen’s Team is backed up by Qlik’s follow-the-sun dedicated support teams which are located in Qlik offices globally. This includes an Australian support desk.
Ready for the next level?
Start our conversation now and change how you do businessIT’S BUSINESS TIME